Position: Families Engagement Worker
Pay: £11.11 per hour (£8,665.80 per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent.
Hours per week: 15 hours per week
- To build relationships of trust with vulnerable and marginalised parents and families within the community. The aim is to reduce stressors in the family home and engage the family in appropriate support. We can provide support and advice, build parents confidence and skills. Empowering families to experience transformation in their lives.
- Further information can be found at – Families Engagement Worker Job Description 2022
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed:
You will have a proven record of sound advice across a range of parenting related issues. You will also have interpersonal skills, sufficient to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff and external contacts, and be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to excellence in family work delivery. Due to the nature of the work, you will be willing to work unsocial hours in this role where required.
What you’ll get in return:
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- 34 days (pro rata) per annum inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
- An additional day of annual leave (pro rata) awarded after 5 and 10 years of continuous Long Service
- Access to contributory stakeholder pension scheme after 3 months
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café, Williams Kitchen Café, Explorers Soft Play & Muddy Puddles Nursery
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Vicki Palmer on 07849 058023 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete an Application for Employment – Families Engagement Worker and a Survey Form forward along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Thursday 14th April 2022 at 9am
We reserve the right to close the online vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
Interview date: TBC
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check prior to starting employment.