Youth Engagement Worker
£10.24 per hour – Kings Lynn – 2 hours per week – Fixed Term until February 2019
Do you have a passion for working with young people and enabling them to be the best that they can be?
YMCA Norfolk are looking for a Youth Engagement Worker to support their GOYA project at the Discovery Centre in Kings Lynn. The Youth Engagement Worker will:
- Support young people who are taking part in the programme, ensuring their views are respected and listened to.
- Encourage and empower young people to move from the status of recipients towards that of contributors.
- Ensure that young people are treated with respect and dignity, and are empowered to make informed decisions about their own lives.
- Develop the use of and support of volunteers in the Programme. In particular, ensuring that successful young people, who are involved the programme, have the opportunity to become Peer Mentors.
- Work alongside partner agencies.
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders. By supporting our staff and volunteers to develop their talent and ideas, together we can make a difference.
What you’ll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will have an understanding of Youth Work in a community setting. They will have strong engagement skills to work with young people and adults from a variety of backgrounds as well as experience of youth participation and involvement. We would like them to have time and project management skills and experience of running small group sessions /activities with young people. They will need to be willing to work in the evenings; the GOYA project is on Thursday evenings from 5pm – 7pm.
What you’ll get in return:
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Lisa Xuereb on 01603 340867 or email@example.com
To apply, please complete an Application for Employment – Youth Engagement Worker and Job Application Survey Form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Lisa Xuereb, Senior HR Advisor, 35-37 Exchange Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1DP
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th January at 12.00pm
Interview date: TBC
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced / Standard DBS check prior to starting employment.