Cost of Provision
E-learning is charged at £39.80 + VAT for one subject each week – term time only. Provision for each subject comprises of 3 one-hour lessons and a one-hour web-chat each week.
There is no cost for computer equipment when this is needed by the pupil* but schools are expected to cover the cost of exam entries and exam invigilation.
Because of the initial investment in time and equipment, it is expected that the pupil will be offered lessons for a minimum period of 6 weeks and schools will normally be charged for this period even if provision ends sooner. Any shorter time period would have to be negotiated with the Head of service at the time of the referral.
Support Included at no extra cost:
- An initial home visit by a qualified teacher with half-termly visits thereafter if a student is not engaging well.
- All computer equipment provided at no charge where required.
- Weekly access via Livechat for students with their subject teachers.
- Safe and secure online messaging for students with their teachers.
- Easy access to support, information & guidance for students and families from the office by text, phone and email with signposting to other agencies when appropriate.
- Easy access to support, updates and information for schools and other agencies by email and phone.
- Monitoring of work/attendance with updates to schools where there are concerns about work.
- Password access to student sites for parents/carers and schools for additional monitoring.
- Termly reports for all students in each subject.
- Termly merit certificates when students have worked well.
- Liaison with schools regarding curriculum, coursework and other requirements for exam entries.
- Co-ordination of provision through one contact point with monthly invoicing on a per-pupil basis.
*The E-Learning Service will always use equipment available in the home whenever possible