For over 160 years, YMCA Norfolk has served the residents of Norwich and Norfolk, working to meet the changing needs of our community. As we are faced with the challenge of the coronavirus pandemic, we stand ready to support children, young people and families across the county. See below what we can offer you at this time.
Online Youth Support
We are continuing to provide youth support to both existing and new clients at this time. We are doing this through a range of online services including:
- Weekly motivational devotions
- Weekly challenges to encourage positive participation
- Twitch streaming gaming session as a less informal way to allow young people to interact with youth workers within a comfortable virtual setting
- At home workout videos
- 1-2-1 virtual support via Facebook or Instagram Messenger within the times of 9am-5pm every Monday to Friday
- The Mind Matters Podcast, providing informative positive coping mechanisms for young people struggling with their mental health
- The Friday Feelings Podcast, a fun filled, Covid-19 Jargon Busting, fully interactive stream every Friday 8pm to 9pm.
All of these services can be accessed via the Virtual Youth Club website, where you can interact with everything all in one place:
Due to limited staffing and client feedback we are always updating what we offer online to maximize youth participation for the positive impact during this tough time, so our services will change to support that need as time goes on.
Activity Resource Packs
We know it can be hard to keep young children entertained and engaged whist social distancing at home. Here are some fun activities to help keep your young ones busy and active!
Join Baby Bear on his mission to get to the Moon before bath time. Go up, up, up in his homemade rocket and land with a bump on the moon. Then share a picnic with Owl and get home again – all before Mummy bear runs the bath!
Feel free to read through and participate in our Whatever Next related activities which we think you’ll enjoy:
Elmer the Elephant
Elmer the Elephant is fed up with being different. He thinks everyone is laughing at him because he isn’t a normal elephant. See what happens when Elmer tries to become an ordinary elephant like his friends.
Enjoy the story and we hope you will participate in our Elmer the Elephant related activities:
Peace at Last
Poor Daddy Bear is super tired, but he can’t get to sleep! He tries lots of different rooms in the house, and even the garden, but there are just too many noises for him to get to sleep. Will he nod off before the sun comes up?
We hope you like the story and will take part in the following Peace at Last related activities:
Keep up to date with the latest information from YMCA Norfolk by following us on social media @YMCANorfolk