Position: Pathways Tenancy Engagement Worker
Pay: £10.78 per hour
Location: Central, Norwich
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
- The Tenancy Engagement Worker will work closely with service users by providing them with tailored support which allows them to successfully manage their new, long term, secure tenancies. The Tenancy Engagement Worker will identify and understand the barriers that service users face and will provide the help and support required to overcome these, whilst building capacity and resilience of individuals to sustain their accommodation.
- Further information can be found at – Pathways Tenancy Engagement Worker Job Description (2)
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed:
Knowledge of housing legislation including tenancy management and the issues facing homeless young people. An understanding of needs and risk assessments and knowledge of Safeguarding Children and Young People. You will need previous experience of working in a support or housing setting and the ability to implement restorative and possession procedures to respond to anti-social behaviour and breaches of tenancy. You will need to be willing to work unsocial hours.
What you’ll get in return:
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café & Williams Kitchen
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Beth Powell on 07597572985 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th October 2021
Interview date: TBC
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check prior to starting employment.