Compliments and Complaints
When to complain
YMCA Norfolk aims to offer you the best service, so when something goes wrong or is not up to the standard you expect, we encourage you to let us know.
We treat all complaints seriously and will do our best to settle your complaint as soon as possible. You will be kept informed about what is happening and any action that may be taken. Complaints will be responded to using a 4-stage process.
This allows for appeals against decisions or outcomes if you are not satisfied. This is achieved by a process of escalation once the relevant stage in the procedure has been exhausted. Below is our Complaints and Compliments Policy:
Process for complaints
Tell us about your complaint. Staff will be happy to help if required.
Once the complaint is received, a staff/manager will acknowledge the complaint within 24 hours. A manager will try and sort things out within 7 days and notify you of the result.
Not satisfied – proceed with stage 2
If you wish to take it further your complaint can be passed to a member of YMCA Norfolk’s Executive Team for consideration. The Executive Team member will try to resolve the complaint within 7 days and notify you of the result.
Not satisfied – proceed with stage 3
You can ask for an appeal to be considered by YMCA Norfolk’s Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer will consider the appeal and notify you of the result within 14 days.
Not satisfied – proceed with stage 4
Board of Trustees, final appeal which will be received/ heard at the next available Board meeting.
Not satisfied? Contact the Housing Ombudsman Service. More information can be found at www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk
STEP 1: You can raise a complaint by:
- Emailing email@example.com
- Speak to a member of staff at one of our services
- Call 01603 621263 Ext 128
- Writing a letter
Your complaint will be logged on our system.
- Stage 1 – on receiving and logging a complaint, the relevant manager will send you an acknowledgement letter or email to confirm that your complaint has been received in 2 working days. The manager will investigate the matter and make a considered response to you within 5 working days via your preferred choice of method of feedback or via the method you made the complaint.
- Stage 2 – if you wish to take it further, your complaint will be passed to a Head of Service or a member of the Executive Team for further consideration. The Head of Service or Executive Team member will notify you of the outcome within a further 5 working days.
- Stage 3 – the next stage of internal appeal is to YMCA Norfolk’s Chief Executive Officer who will endeavour to make a decision on the complaint and notify you within 10 working days from the date of the appeal.
- Stage 4 – the final internal appeal is to the Board of Trustees who will endeavour to make a decision on the complaint and notify you following the meeting of the Board.
Once all internal complaints processes have been exhausted and the complaint is not resolved, a complaint that relates to housing management or lettings and allocations may be submitted to the Housing Ombudsman, which YMCA Norfolk is registered to.
Making a compliment
If you have been happy with our services, then please leave us a compliment so that we are aware how we can continue to deliver the best quality of service for you.
Compliments can be made via:
- via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speaking to a member of staff at one of our services
- Phoning 01603 621263 Ext 128
- Writing a letter