Mental Health First Aid Training
Adult Mental Health First Aid
Did you know that:
- 1 in 4 adults will experience a mental health difficulty at some point in their life. It can affect anyone and has a major impact on every area of life including work.
- 91% of managers agree that what they do as a manager affects the well-being of their staff. However, only 58% of employees believe that their manager is genuinely equipped to cope with their well-being.
- In a recent article, published by the Institute of Leadership and Management, it was noted that mental health was the area where managers were most likely to fall down.
Would you know how to support staff or colleagues facing mental health difficulties?
We believe that every ‘people’ manager should receive expert training on mental health and this should be considered an essential part of their overall training.
YMCA Norfolk can support your organisation to become a thriving workplace where staff wellbeing and mental health is talked about and supported.
We deliver a 2 day Adult Mental Health First Aid course which explores common mental health problems and provides the ‘first aiders’ with the confidence and practical tools needed to support colleagues..
Youth Mental Health First Aid
YMCA Norfolk delivers the 2 day Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses and also the shortened 1 day course. The training is suitable for anyone who works with, lives with or supports young people aged 8-18. We will train you to have the skills and confidence needed to step in, offer mental health first aid and guide the young person towards the support they need. In doing so, you can help speed up a young person’s recovery, stop issues from developing into a crisis, and ultimately save lives.
We want adults to be able to show young people that mental ill health is a part of life in just the same way as physical ill health, that it’s OK to talk about and it’s OK to ask for help.
The course provides a recognised qualification for teachers, parents and youth workers. The topics covered include:
- An introduction to mental health
- Depression and Anxiety
- Eating Disorders and Self-harm
- Suicide and Psychosis
Mind Matters Points
The cost effective and flexible way to pay for mental health services.
- Up to 12% discount on marked prices
- Flexibility to spend points when and where needs are identified
- Share points between schools, across clusters or academy groupings
- Have the backup of a counselling service if you need it or spend the points on preventative programmes
- Points last for 2 years from date of purchase
For more information or to book one of our sessions, please either email us on:
Or fill out the following form: