Life Ready supports young people towards independent living, helping to break the cycle of homelessness.
Through Life Ready young people receive tailored support to help recognise and address the range of complex issues that they face alongside being homeless.
Life Ready prepares young people for independent living by developing all the skills required to be fully independent. This includes targeted support in areas of life coaching, physical health and mental wellbeing, employability (work experience, placements, CVs, applications and interview preparation), skills and qualifications and signposting to other specialist organisations.
We also run short courses as part of Life Ready, including Money Skills, Tenancy Awareness, Joy of Food cookery skills, Self Esteem, GOYA multi-sport project and the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
Who is Life Ready for?
Life Ready is aimed at vulnerably housed 16-25 year olds who have a desire to move forward and develop themselves.
Many homeless young people are affected by a range of issues including low confidence and self-esteem, isolation and social exclusion, depression, poor family relationships, substance misuse and poor health.
How can Life Ready help me?
- Equipping young people with the necessary life skills to sustain independent living and break the cycle of homelessness.
- Removing barriers to employment for homeless young adults in Great Yarmouth.
- Empowering young people to make a positive contribution in their community.
- Supporting young people to be healthier, more confident and self-assured.
- Enabling young people to raise their aspirations and realise their potential.
To find out more about Life Ready speak with a member of staff.
Who we are working with?
Life Ready in Great Yarmouth is funded by the Big Lottery. Our partners include Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Voluntary Norfolk, Great Yarmouth Sport & Leisure Trust and Norfolk Future Youth.
Life Ready based in Norwich is funded by Children in Need and reaches young people across Norfolk.
For more information please contact:
Senior Youth Engagement Worker
01493 202608 (ext 368)