YMCA Norfolk delivers the 2 day Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses and also the shortened 1 day course. The training is suitable for anyone who works with, lives with or supports young people aged 8-18. We will train you to have the skills and confidence needed to step in, offer mental health first aid and guide the young person towards the support they need. In doing so, you can help speed up a young person’s recovery, stop issues from developing into a crisis, and ultimately save lives.
We want adults to be able to show young people that mental ill health is a part of life in just the same way as physical ill health, that it’s OK to talk about and it’s OK to ask for help.
The course provides a recognised qualification for teachers, parents and youth workers. The topics covered include:
- An introduction to mental health
- Depression and Anxiety
- Eating Disorders and Self-harm
- Suicide and Psychosis
- 1 day course – Wednesday 25th April 2018
- 2 day course – Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th May 2018
- 2 day course – Tuesday 17th July and Wednesday 18th July 2018
- 2 day course – Wednesday 5th September and Wednesday 12th September 2018
- 2 day course – Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st November 2018
- 2 day course – Wednesday 16th and Wednesday 23rd January 2019
- 2 day course – Wednesday 20th and Wednesday 27th March 2019
All of the courses are at YMCA Communities office 7/8 Waldegrave Road, Norwich NR5 9AW
For more information and to book your place email email@example.com