Position: Youth Engagement Worker
Pay: £10.44 per hour
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract ending 28th February 2021
Hours per week: 2 – 3 hours per week (Friday evenings)
- To deliver a youth club project.
- To support young people who are taking part in the programme, ensuring their views are respected and listened to.
- To encourage and empower young people to move from the status of recipients towards that of contributors.
- To ensure that young people are treated with respect and dignity, and are empowered to make informed decisions about their own lives.
- To develop the use of and support of volunteers in the Programme. In particular, ensuring that successful young people, who are involved the programme, have the opportunity to become Peer Mentors.
Further information can be found here – Youth Engagement Worker – Youth Clubs
Positions of 2-3 hrs at our youth clubs on a Friday evening across Horsford, Mattishall or Kings Lynn. Hours between 5.30- 9.00pm depending on site you are interested in. Flexible job share applications would be considered
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people, valuing the skills and attributes of every member of our team and personal development plans enabling staff to focus on aspirations and fulfil their potential. Work with us and make every day count, helping young people towards a brighter future.
What you’ll get in return:
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Regular line management and support
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Beth Powell on 01603 621263 Ext 161 or email@example.com
To apply, please complete an Application for Employment and Survey Form and forward along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Beth Powell, HR Payroll Officer, 35-37 Exchange Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1DP
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4th March 2020 at 9am
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced / Standard DBS check prior to starting employment.