Position: Nursery Manager (Muddy Puddles Nursery)
Pay: £15.69 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 38 hours per week
In Spring 2021 YMCA Norfolk will be opening Muddy Puddles, an Ofsted-registered nursery, mirroring YMCA’s all over the country as the leading provider of childcare in the voluntary sector. Muddy Puddles will be based at our brand-new multi-service community centre on Aylsham Road, also featuring a Community Café and a Soft Play centre.
YMCA Norfolk are passionate about offering a positive environment where all children feel secure and valued. We believe in promoting each child’s strengths and helping them love themselves and others, in all their difference. We encourage children to be curious and adventurous in their play and learning so they grow an appreciation of the world around them and feel ready for the transition to school when the time comes.
Our nursery will provide a tailored childcare setting that creates a safe, empowering, interactive environment for its learners. Our Ofsted registered childcare provision will offer bespoke education to each child, through a positive reinforcement approach to early years development. Our staff and key workers will take a nurturing approach to nursery learners, enhancing their self-esteem and emotional resilience; providing the very best culture and learning environment for all children.
- To support in providing a high-quality nursery provision at a 90 place nursery catering for children aged from 2 months to 5 year.
- The nursery is committed to the overarching aim of the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) framework which guides the work of all our early years’ practitioners. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring and improving high occupancy levels as well as an achievement of good or higher OFSTED ratings.
- Further information can be found at – Nursery Manager Job Description
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders.
What you’ll get in return:
- 33 days Annual Leave (inclusive of all Public and Bank Holidays) per year; pro rata for part-time working
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Regular line management and support
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Beth Powell on 01603 340852 or email@example.com
To apply, please complete an External Application for Employment and a Survey Form and forward along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Beth Powell, HR / Payroll Officer, 35-37 Exchange Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1DP
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th October 2020 at 9am
Interview date: Tuesday 3rd November 2020
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check prior to starting employment.