Position: Housing Engagement Worker – Central
Pay: £10.44 per hour
Location: Central, Norwich
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week on a 4 week rolling rota – Shifts from 8am to 10pm over 7 days.
- To provide an environment for residents with a programme of positive activities, that is safe, supportive and secure, to address the variety of barriers young people face. Ensuring residents feel included in the needs, risk and planning of the service they will receive, to move through a pathway to more independent living. Whilst on duty, to provide support to other staff in the service and to ensure the health and safety, security and well-being of service users, staff and visitors.
- Further information can be found at – Housing Engagement Worker Central Job Description 2019
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed:
Knowledge of housing legislation including tenancy management and the issues facing homeless young people. An understanding of needs and risk assessments and knowledge of Safeguarding Children and Young People. You will need previous experience of working in a support or housing setting and the ability to implement restorative and possession procedures to respond to anti-social behaviour and breaches of tenancy. You will need to be willing to work unsocial hours.
What you’ll get in return:
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Beth Powell on 01603 340852 or email@example.com
To apply, please complete an Application for Employment and a Job Application Survey Form and forward along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Beth Powell, HR / Payroll Officer, 35-37 Exchange Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1DP
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th August 2019 at 9am
Interview date: TBC
Previous applicants are welcome to apply.
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check prior to starting employment.Housing Engagement Worker Central Job Description 2019