Position: Sessional Youth Engagement Worker
Pay: £10.44 per hour
Contract Type: Fixed Term from 21st June 2019 until 4th October 2019
Hours per week: 2 Hours on Friday Evenings
- To deliver a youth club project in Norwich.
- Further information can be found at –Sessional Youth Engagement Worker JD
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will have an understanding of Youth Work in a community setting. They will have strong engagement skills to work with young people and adults from a variety of backgrounds as well as experience of youth participation and involvement. We would like them to have time and project management skills and experience of running small group sessions /activities with young people. They will need to be willing to work Friday evenings.
What you’ll get in return:
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Beth Powell on 01603 340852 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete an Application for Employment and Job Application Survey Form and forward along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com or by post to Beth Powell, HR / Payroll Officer, 35-37 Exchange Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1DP
Interview date: To Be Confirmed
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check prior to starting employment.