The E-Learning Service provides education to children who are not able to attend mainstream school. Whilst Norwich based and originally serving Norfolk, it has worked with schools and academies in Suffolk, Lincolnshire and Kent and has recently been invited to work with schools and academies in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire.
Role: E-Learning Service Manager
Salary: Up to £43,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Hours: 30/hrs per week
The E-Learning Service Manager will:
- Oversee the smooth operation of the Service;
- Co-ordinate and manage, including line management supervision, its staff team of 23 teachers who work part-time from home on a self-employed basis;
- Be the point of contact for schools, education agencies, parents and students needing advice or information about the Service and/or their access to it;
- Co-ordinate the allocation of equipment and staff time for individual pupils;
- Expand the offer to include new schools, academies and other agencies over time;
- Recruit new teaching staff when the need arises;
- Be responsible for promoting its services in a school environment;
- Ensure that the budget is effectively managed and demonstrates value for money;
- Oversee and manage teaching and other expenses;
- Be responsible for implementing measures to ensure good quality of provision for students;
- Undertake administrative tasks relating to student provision and record keeping.
What you will need to succeed:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status;
- Have an excellent understanding of education and good practice in schools and academies;
- Have experience of working in a school or academy;
- Have experience of managing a budget;
- Have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Be flexible and creative in your approach to problem solving;
- Have a good level of IT competence and understanding.
- Previous management experience would be desirable.
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Beth Powell on 01603 340852 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please forward your CV, along with a Supporting Statement detailing why you are the best person for the role to: email@example.com or by post to Beth Powell, HR / Payroll Officer, 35-37 Exchange Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1DP
Closing Date: 12.00pm on Friday 17th May 2019
Potential Interview Dates: 20th / 21st and 22nd May 2019
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check prior to starting employment.
The E Learning Service is committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery. Its policies and practices aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people. It seeks to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect.