Position: Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
Pay: £10.24 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 10 hours (5/hrs wk in Norwich plus 5/hrs wk in King’s Lynn and Gt Yarmouth alternative weeks (flexibility with days)
- To develop and co-ordinate volunteers to operate across all services within YMCA Norfolk to meet the needs of a range of young people we work with.
- Further information can be found at – Volunteer Co-ordinator Assistant Job Description
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders. By supporting our staff and volunteers to develop their talent and ideas, together we can make a difference.
What you’ll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will either have significant experience in a personal capacity of contributing as a volunteer or running a Volunteer Programme in a professional capacity. They will have strong engagement skills to work with people from a variety of backgrounds. We would like them to have experience of managing a diverse team and able to develop strong working relationships with colleagues.
What you’ll get in return:
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Lisa Xuereb on 01603 340867 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete an Application for Employment – Volunteer Coordinator Assistant and Job Application Survey Form and forward along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com or by post to Lisa Xuereb, Senior HR Advisor, 35-37 Exchange Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1DP
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 12th February 2019 at 4.00pm
Interview date: Friday 22nd February 2019
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced / Standard DBS check prior to starting employment.